Are you ready to place your bets in South Africa? Here are the top picks for casino resorts in South Africa from Trip Advisor.
South Africa is slowly becoming one of the most visited tourist attractions for casino enthusiasts.
The eclectic synergy of quality casino experience and tropical resort feel makes people visit this up-and-coming gambling destination.
Most entertainment complexes and resorts are designed and inspired by a particular theme that offers a wide range of activities for the entire family.
Businessmen are also welcome here with hotels providing conference halls and facilities.
Table of Contents
Casino enthusiasts can find casinos on the fringes of most major centers.
Luxurious local casino resorts in South Africa offer hotel rooms, restaurants, and bars complemented by entertainment theatres and business convention amenities.
Most of these resorts are positioned as one-stop leisure and gaming destinations for indoor entertainment and outdoor activities.
It’s like being transported to another planet once you enter one of the lavish casinos in South Africa.
These casinos are built around a theme, some of which you haven’t seen in the US or Australia.
Aside from being projected as total games and amusement halls, casinos in the country offer typical slot machines and gaming tables that will delight visitors.
Here are our 5 top casino resorts in South Africa.
1. Peermont Mondior at Emperors Palace
Location: 64 Jones Road Emperors Palace, Kempton Park 1620 South Africa
Things to do:
- Dine And Wine
- Enjoy Spa
- Join Palace of Dreams for entertainment
- Enjoy Cinema at Nu Metro
- Play at Casinos
Emperors Palace is home to three luxurious hotels all located next to O.R Tambo international airport.
2. Sun Coast Towers
Location: 20 Battery Beach Road, Durban, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
Things to do:
- Dine and Wine
- Sun Coast Spa Spoil
- Jeera Restaurant with awesome Durban food
- Play at Casinos
- Located on the 1st floor the gym with free weights and cardio machines is available 24 hours
- With over 20 restaurants, the Barnyard Theatre, Suncoast movie theatres and the multi-purpose event venue, The Globe you will not be short on entertainment options.
The Suncoast Hotel is in close proximity to Durban Country Club, Ushaka Marine World, Moses Mabhida Stadium and King Shaka International Airport.
Unwind on the private pool deck, get a facial at the spa or enjoy a private meal overlooking in the ocean in a luxurious room.
3. Cabanas at Sun City
Location: Sun City Resort, R556, Sun City, 0316, South Africa
Things to do
- Dine and Wine at Cabanas Pool Bar, Cherry Lounge and others
- Play Golf
- Fitness centre
- Take a stroll down to the lakeside beach at Waterworld, where you can jetski, water ski, parasail, or catch a sunset cruise.
- Let your children be entertained at Kamp Kwena, play a round of Rock Venture Mini Golf or visit Animal World.
- Whether you’re up for music concerts or beach parties, dancing to the hypnotic beats of South Africa’s hottest DJs or treating the kids to a movie, there’s always something to do at Sun City.
- Experience Sun City’s new Sports Bar, Vibes and rocking night club, Encore. Situated inside Sun City Hotel.
- Maze of the lost city, described as the largest permanent maze in the Southern Hemisphere, the Sun City maze recreates the illusion of an ancient archaeological discovery.
- Discover the Big 5 on a safari tour through the Pilanesberg National Park. Enjoy a guided game drive, a rhino tracking or hot air balloon safari experience.
- Sun City shopping means that you can buy clothes, sweets and swimwear all without leaving the resort.
The Cabanas hotel is situated at the Sun City Waterworld Lake, offering guests a contemporary twist and great ‘base’ to explore the resort.
As the sun sets over the open spaces and rolling lawns the nights begin at the Cabanas Pool Deck, with chic cocktails and a vibrant island setting.
4. The Oceanic
Location: 20 John Mcintyre Road North Beach, Durban 4001 South Africa
Things to do:
- The resort offers 37 luxury high-rise apartments, a stylish restaurant offering divine Italian cuisine and room service, Jacuzzi and entertainment facilities for the whole family.
- Relax, soak up the sun at the on-site pool and enjoy all the fun-filled activities Durban has to offer.
- Enjoy spa
- Play Games
Also visit North Beach, ICC Durban and Kingsmead Stadium. The nearest airport is King Shaka International Airport, 19 miles from The Oceanic Unit 79.
5. The Sibaya Lodge
Location: 1 Sibaya Drive, Umhlanga Rocks 4320 South Africa
Things to do:
- Home to some of the very best restaurants in Durban, with every palate catered for and every taste sensation covered.
- Also home to some of Durban’s hottest nightspots and bars.
- The Mangwanani African Spa in Durban at Sibaya is set within a private, authentic Zulu village, overlooking the ocean and rolling green hills of KwaZulu-Natal.
- Izulu Theatre hosts a variety of distinguished guests, live bands, and local and international celebrities.
Sibaya Casino & Entertainment Kingdom is a top holiday destination and casino in Durban, located just a few minutes’ drive away from King Shaka International Airport. Set in the green hills of KwaZulu-Natal, overlooking the Indian Ocean, this resort is best to visit.
South Africa is home to several top-notch casino resorts that offer a combination of gaming, entertainment, accommodation, and other amenities.
The above listed are the most popular and packed with some amazing facilities and slots where you can play and have a lot of fun anytime. So try these out if you happen to visit these SA places.
Q1. What is the legal gambling age in South African casino resorts?
The legal gambling age in South Africa is 18. Visitors to casino resorts must be at least 18 years old to enter and participate in any gaming activities.
It’s important for guests to bring valid identification, such as a government-issued ID or passport, for age verification upon entry.
Q2. How to book for hotel room at casino resorts?
You can book for casino resorts in South Africa online at their website or using any booking portal.
Q3. Are there any discounts?
For hotel bookings in advance there are discounts. Also you can find various offers for other activities and at restaurants of these casino resorts.
Q4. What are the popular things about these casino resorts?
These hotels or resorts are often integrated into the overall complex, providing guests with convenient access to gaming, entertainment, dining, and other amenities. You can choose from a range of room options to suit their preferences and budget.
Q5. Do South African casino resorts have responsible gambling measures in place?
Yes, responsible gambling is a priority for casino resorts in South Africa. Most establishments have measures in place to promote responsible gaming, including self-exclusion programs, limits on betting, and information on responsible gambling practices.