Find where to buy & sell Cryptocurrencies in SA
As more of Bitcoin and cryptocurrency casinos are on the rise, South African punters certainly want to know more about this digital currency and have lots of questions about buying and selling Bitcoins. While South Africa does not currently regulate cryptocurrencies, the Reserve Bank’s position on virtual currencies is set out in the PositionPaper on Virtual Currencies issued in 2014.
As part of its first steps to regulate crypto assets such as Bitcoin and Ethereum, the SA Reserve Bank in January 2019 released a consultation paper on crypto assets for public comment (see a PDF copy here).
To play slots and casino games at Bitcoin casinos you have to buy BTC, LTC, ETH, BTCH, and other such currencies from cryptocurrency exchanges. If you would like to be in full control of your bitcoin once you have used an exchange, you can withdraw your bitcoin from the exchange to your bitcoin wallet.
Cryptocurrency exchanges in South Africa
Top 5 Platform Authorized to sell and buy Bitcoin
Luno: Luno allows users to buy and sell digital currencies such as Bitcoin The platform also announced its expansion into 35 new markets across Europe. Luno is a Bitcoin exchange with a presence in South Africa, Singapore, Nigeria, Malaysia, and Indonesia. It offers 0% fees for market makers, meaning you can avoid fees if you place a buy order then wait for a seller to take it. Luno also offers an Instant Buy feature. It is one of the most trusted Bitcoin exchanges in Asia. The only thing is you cannot store BTC here. Luno also has an App for mobile trading which you can find at app stores for Android and iOS.
iceCubed offers Bitcoin and Litecoin trading to South Africans, Nigerians, and more. The platform is perhaps one of the few local exchanges trading the Ethereum currency. It also allows its users to buy and trade in bitcoin and a wide variety of other cryptocurrencies, with altcoins such as Ethereum, Litecoin, Dogecoin, Zcash, Bitcoin Cash, Neo, Monero, Ada and Dash. IceCubed also has an App for Android which you can download from Google Play.
It is a website where you can find people near to you who are also looking for buyers and sellers of bitcoin. You can advertise that you would like to buy or sell bitcoin, and you can trade with other users of the local bitcoins website. Trades can happen on the website using escrow and bank transfers, or you can meet the buyers in person and trade cash.
Launched a cryptocurrency exchange platform in August 2018 that aims to help those it helps develop cryptocurrency and blockchain solutions to buy and sell digital tokens and claims to have already done work for Virgin Money SA.
It is yet another Cape Town based cryptocurrency exchange.
A few other cryptocurrency exchanges you can use to buy Bitcoins are Coin mama, Coin corner, Bitit, Mycelium local trader, Changelly, and others.
There are several cryptocurrency price indices. Two of the more well-known ones are The World Coin Index and Brave New Coin. The World Coin Index sources price information and news on over 400 cryptocurrencies. The platform connects with more than 35 cryptocurrency exchanges.
Brave New Coin is a blockchain and digital currency market data company that publishes technical analysis and research. The platform tracks over 300 tokens in real-time to produce APIs and blockchain data tools for developers, traders, and enterprise.
Resources of Bitcoin News
To know the price and the latest news on cryptocurrencies in South Africa you can connect to Bitcoin Hub, a South African news site, while Bitcoin Africa covers the whole of Africa. For international news and views check out New York-based Coindesk which claims to reach over 5 million unique visitors and Cointelegraph, a US online news site that has been covering cryptocurrency since 2013.
Cryptocurrencies are widely used in South Africa besides online casinos. Various companies like Stellenbosch based Custos Media Technologies embeds Bitcoin tech in screener or review copies of video content, allowing studios to track infringers and fight piracy. Downloaders can claim a bounty if they ID other pirates. The tracking technology has been applied to both movies and ebooks. Another Stellenbosch based startup, The Sun Exchange ordinary people to purchase solar panels using a “blockchain-based” payment system, with Bitcoin. Bankymoon introduced a blockchain-enabled electricity meter, allowing people to pay for utilities with Bitcoin. The service has also delivered these meters to needy schools, allowing anyone around the world to pay for their electricity with cryptocurrency.
Centbee is a Bitcoin wallet that provides merchants with a QR code that Bitcoin holders can scan using their smartphones to make payments. Ubu aims to provide a basic universal income for all using cryptocurrency. In simple terms it acts as a kind of Groupon for businesses looking to promote products and services to customers registered with its app. Using the Ubu token, you can register on the platform can purchase products and services from those vendors signed up. Once registered, users will get 100 Ubu’s tokens for free every day “for perpetuity”.
Bitcoin online casinos of South Africa
As said above there are many South African friendly online casinos that offer Bitcoins as payment mode to play real money slots, table games, live casino, and sports betting. Some of the popular ones are as follows:
- Deposit & withdraw funds at Springbok Casino using Bitcoin, by NETELLER
- Powered by Real Time Gaming & available in Download, Flash and Mobile.
- Claim an exclusive R300 Free Bonus + R11,500 Welcome bonus to start!
- More than 200 online casino games, including all the table favourites and a range of top-notch themed slot.
2. Rich Casino
- The casino is licensed and regulated by the Curacao eGaming.
- Open your account with the casino and get 25 free spins instantly.
- Get a welcome bonus of 675% as of total deposit bonus in five deposits and 100% cashback on first deposit and 400% bonus on Bitcoin deposits.
- Powered by Betsoft and Vivo gaming it offers over 150 games with different themes.
3. Yebo Casino
- Yebo Casino has now included Bitcoin as a secure banking option for SA players!
- Deposit & Withdraw in Bitcoin via their Download, Flash and Mobile versions
- Claim an R100 Trial bonus + R12,000 Free when you sign up at Yebo
- Operating on the RTG casino software, they offer more than 350 exciting games!
- The licensed by the Government of Curacao and regulated by Curacao eGaming.
- 24VIPcasino features Rival and BetSoft games.
- This includes a collection of slots, roulette, blackjack, and video poker.
- The casino supports payments in Bitcoin, EUR, USD, GBP, and also ZAR.
5. mBit Casino
- mBitCasino is a bitcoin casino functioning since 2014.
- It is licensed by the Curacao government and is based out of Curacao.
- It is powered by CoinGaming software
- There are over 1500 exciting casino games at mBitCasino.
- It accepts payments in Bitcoins and also Euros.
- This is a bitcoin-only casino working since 2014.
- It is based out of Curacao and licensed by the Government of Curacao.
- It uses software from CoinGaming, Microgaming, Endorphina & Play’n Go
- You get over 1300+ casino games at BitCasino.io
- Superior Casino – New bitcoin payment method launched in 2017.
- The casino is licensed and regulated in the UK.
- R40,000 Free over 3 Deposits
- The casino is powered by Rival Gaming.
- You will get more than 300 exciting games from these providers.
- It accepts payments in Bitcoins and also in South African Rand (ZAR).
These are the Best Bitcoin Casinos out there. Now join any of these Bitcoin casinos and have fun playing real money slots instantly with your mobile or PC.