Bingo in South Africa for real money can be played at land casinos and online casinos. Playing Bingo in South Africa is legal.
The Bingo Association of South Africa along with National Gambling Board is the representative body for licensed Bingo operators in South Africa.
|Where to Play Bingo in South Africa for Real Money
|Bingo is offered in six provinces in South Africa namely Gauteng, Mpumalanga, Limpopo, North West, Eastern Cape and KwaZulu-Natal.
|A total number of 65 (out of 69 licensed) bingo halls are operational of which 11 are operational in Gauteng, 15 in Eastern Cape, 20 in KwaZulu-Natal, 6 in North West, 6 in Mpumalanga and 7 in Limpopo.
|The bingo operators which are operational in South Africa are represented by Galaxy Bingo operational in all provinces offering bingo for play i.e. Gauteng, KwaZulu-Natal, Mpumalanga, Limpopo, North West and Eastern Cape.
|Goldrush operated in five out of six provinces namely Gauteng, KwaZulu-Natal, Limpopo, North West and Eastern Cape; Great Bingo operated in KwaZulu-Natal and Mpumalanga, Vegas Bingo operated in Limpopo and North West, Boss Gaming operated in Limpopo and Eastern Cape, and Viva Bingo operated in Mpumalanga.
Table of Contents
Play Bingo in South Africa for Real Money
You can play Bingo in South Africa for real money at the following locations:
1. GoldRush Casino
- This casino offers electronic Bingo terminals to play bingo in South Africa for real money.
- You need to be 18 years of age to play Bingo
- Simply select a Bingo Terminal and insert either cash or a voucher, then select your stake and number of lines that you wish to play. When you press the Daub button, you will join the next game.
- The Bingo Terminal will then automatically daub the numbers released on your bingo card (Top Screen).
- The game takes literally seconds to complete and entertaining Reels will also reflect what has been won on your bingo card (you can turn the reels off at any time).
- Prizes that you win are automatically allocated to your credits. (Larger prizes and jackpots require a technician to release).
- There are loads of different winning combinations, including a jackpot pattern that can win you the Bingo Grand Prize.
- If you wish to withdraw your credits, simply press the ‘cash-out’ button and the machine will print a voucher.
- You can then use this voucher to play any other Bingo Terminal or you can redeem it at the cashier’s station.
2. Sibaya Casino
- Offers Electronic Bingo
- You need to be 18 and over age to play Bingo
- You need to check the bingo hours at the casino
- Vouchers must be printed at a self-service kiosk and taken to the Cash Desk in order to purchase a Bingo booklet for R50.
- 6 Game sessions will be played with 3 games at each session.
- Eligible guests include all Sun MVG cardholders.
Difference between Non Electric Bingo and Electronic Bingo
|Non Electric Bingo
|1. You purchase bingo cards containing numbers which are to be matched in various patterns (depending on the game) against numbers on balls drawn randomly.
2. The randomly drawn numbers are called out and players mark the called numbers on their cards. Players call “bingo” when they match the same pattern on their card. The first person to shout “bingo” wins.
3. Non-electronic bingo requires a certain degree of attentiveness and skill: i.e. listening to the call,
marking the cards and shouting “bingo”
4. There is a competitive aspect to non-electronic bingo in the sense that the player competes against other player’s in each game.
|1. This bingo is powered by an independent system, with the machines functioning as terminals for bingo play.
2. Linking electronic bingo terminals within a hall allows the game to be fast and more secure.
3. You enter the bingo game through a note reader, and all numbers and cards are displayed on
4. The central server automatically doles out a player’s numbers every time a group of
balls is drawn.
5. Player has to accept the draw by either pressing the touch screen or the “daub” button to electronically mark the numbers on the card within a limited time.
6. To claim winnings, the player pushes the onscreen “cash out” button and the machine prints out a barcoded ticket showing the credits accumulated by the player during the game.
7. The ticket can be inserted into another electronic bingo terminal or it can be redeemed for cash at a cashier station.
How to Play Bingo Online for Money
Now that I’ve piqued your interest, let’s dig into the “how” of online bingo. Here are the key steps to follow:
- Choose a Reputable Site: Do your homework and find a site with positive reviews, proper licensing, and a good track record.
- Register and Deposit: Sign up with the chosen site, providing your details and depositing funds in ZAR. Keep an eye out for enticing welcome bonuses, too!
- Select a Game: Pick from the wide variety of game types, ticket prices, and themes available.
- Join a Game and Play: Once you’ve purchased your tickets, dive into the game and enjoy the thrill of the hunt for the winning numbers.
- Get your wins: When won withdraw your wins easily.
Can You Really Win Money Playing Bingo ?
The golden question: can you actually make a pretty penny playing bingo? The short answer is yes. In fact, many South African players have been laughing all the way to the bank after hitting those lucky numbers. But, as with any form of gambling, the key is to play responsibly and for fun. Remember, the house always has the edge, so treat it as entertainment with the added bonus of potentially striking it rich.
See also: Beginner’s Guide to Playing Casinos
Tips on How to Win Bingo
Although bingo is predominantly a game of chance, there are a few tips and tricks to help you maximize your chances of winning:
- Play at Off-Peak Times: Fewer players mean less competition for the prizes, so try playing during quieter hours to increase your odds of winning.
- Choose Your Games Wisely: Look for games with smaller player pools or guaranteed prizes, as these will also improve your chances of taking home some cash.
- Learn the Game Rules: Familiarize yourself with the specific rules and winning patterns for each game type, so you know what to look out for when playing.
- Set a Budget: Stick to a predetermined budget and resist the urge to chase losses, keeping the experience fun and enjoyable.
- Use Promotions and Bonuses: Take advantage of site promotions, bonuses, and loyalty programs to maximize your gameplay without breaking the bank.
Bingo in South Africa for real money can be played at dedicated Bingo Halls. The Bingo games are provided by Galaxy Bingo and Viva Bingo.
Bingo games are generally in Electronic format and can be played at bingo terminals. You can find Bingo terminals at Gauteng, North West, KwaZulu-Natal, Eastern Cape, Lesotho, Mpumalanga, Limpopo.
Few online casinos in South Africa also offer bingo games in video format like slot games.
Q1. What is the legal age to play Bingo?
You need to be 18 years of age to play Bingo in South Africa.
Q2. What are the difference ways to play Bingo?
You can play Bingo at electronic Bingo Terminals or at Bingo Halls at land casinos.
Also you can play bingo online at online casinos in South Africa.
Q3. What kind of skills is required to play bingo?
You don’t require any skill to play bingo. Bingo is a game of chance and is purely based on your luck and the game randomness for wins.
Q4. Who controls bingo games for real money in South Africa?
National Gambling Board, and Gauteng gaming board controls the bingo games for real money in South Africa.
Q5. Are my Bingo winnings taxed?
In South Africa, bingo winnings are generally not taxed. The South African Revenue Service (SARS) considers gambling to be a form of entertainment and not a source of income.